MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Season over for Nickerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Seeing the video it is a little surprising that he wasn't dismissed by the club immediately. No excuses for striking out at a member of the public like that. Personally think it's time to look for a new manager, Pete doesn't seem to be able to control his players.
It will be interesting to see what happens now. I imagine that the club were waiting to see the severity of punishment.

Isn't he one of the MBA students? That may have a bearing on actions that the club take.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
What can Pete genuinely do in that situation? How do you control an unhinged, out of control 6ft 4inch hockey player?

And to be fair to Pete, I've seen him physically hold players back by their shirts whilst on the bench to stop them getting involved in whatever nonsense was going on at the time.
But it wasn't the first incident, discipline has been questionable for a long time. Some players don't seem to know when to shut up and walk away (so to speak). Maybe I was being harsh suggesting Pete wasn't doing enough I don't know.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Regardless of his affiliation with the university, Iím sure there will be clauses in his contract allowing the club to terminate it immediately, for things such as criminal offences, bringing the club into disrepute, drug use etc etc

Although there was never an official explanation from the club, Iím sure a similar clause would have been used during the release of Bobby Chamberlain last season, although thatís just me reading between the lines.

I canít see the club being forced to retain the services of an expensive import that canít play for at least the rest of this season and more than likely the beginning of the next.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I am sure there will be clauses in the contract around gross misconduct. I can't see it being anything else. The tie-in with the uni adds another angle to it though I guess?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

If they choose to sack him what can he do about it, take them to court claiming unfair dismissal? He hit a spectator.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Having just heard this incident getting a big mention on the BBC 5 Live sports bulletin, is it possible that a 20 game ban, warrants an official shirt retirement ceremony ? 😉 Seriously though, what an absolute disgrace to see our clubs name dragged through the mud like this !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

And Radio 2!😤
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3 Weeks Ago

And a much better video on the BBC Sport site which shows it much more clearly and clearly shows the punch was deliberate though the stick bit was an accident. Why was the fan allowed so close? Look at our rink and you can not get close to players as they come off ice.
Rinks visited MK Arena,Thunderdome,Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altrincham , Peterborough, Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha Tip Sport (CZ),Sparta Praha O2 (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Why was the fan allowed so close? Look at our rink and you can not get close to players as they come off ice.
I asked the question on THF regarding a role reversal (away fan punching a home player) and people were strangely mute on the subject.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I had forgotten just how long ago Cantona's kung-** kick was so had to look it up, 23 years. He got an eight month ban from football, on appeal his court sentence reduced to 150 hours community service coaching kids at Manchester Uniteds training ground BUT he stayed at Man Utd and resumed his career in the team. Perhaps there is a precedent but we now have a more active, strident, precious population who can use social media for influence. Not an easy one for the club to deal with.