MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Season over for Nickerson

Following his actions at the Spectrum in Guildford last Sunday, DOPS have conducted a review and seen fit to suspend defenceman Matt Nickerson for a total of 20 games, which by my reckoning covers the rest of the EIHL season.

This has been broken down into 6 games for abusing the officials, and a further 14 games for engaging with a spectator.

Interestingly DOPS have stated that we are unable to dress another import during the 6 game abuse suspension, but we are allowed for the remaining 14 game spectator suspension.

Press Release
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Re: Season over for Nickerson

Got everything he deserves running around like a headless chicken after the final whistle completely embarrassing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Hope heís on the next plane home. Will be disappointed to see him on the teamsheet for our team again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Perhaps Knaggs might get a chance in the midweek games now ? It's not like we have anything to lose, and the coaches will get a much better idea if he has progressed at Peterborough. (Unlikely I guess ! &#128521
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

The players are running the show it seems which could be why discipline is a complete joke.
If they loose tonight there is nothing really left to play for and I can see it only getting worse. I feel for the few players who are putting in the effort week in week out and staying out of trouble as they are the ones who have to pick up the slack while their teammates sit in the penalty box.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy View Post
The players are running the show it seems which could be why discipline is a complete joke.
If they loose tonight there is nothing really left to play for and I can see it only getting worse. I feel for the few players who are putting in the effort week in week out and staying out of trouble as they are the ones who have to pick up the slack while their teammates sit in the penalty box.
Could not agree more, seems like after a cracking win on Saturday the wheels came off mega big time on Sunday. There seems to be a major issue of respect, or lack of, with some of the players, and the coach. Still, never mind, I can pretend to ride a horse, while eating a cold pizza again tonight, after a nice relaxing drive up the M1 !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I canít wait to read Guildford reactions on this!

It couldíve been a lot worse. I imagine that will be the last time we see him in the UK. I canít see any other team next season taking up on him.

As has been said above, hopefully Knaggs gets a game or 2 to give and a bit of a lead experience and as someone said we can see how heís progressed Peterborough over the last few months.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

Seeing the video it is a little surprising that he wasn't dismissed by the club immediately. No excuses for striking out at a member of the public like that. Personally think it's time to look for a new manager, Pete doesn't seem to be able to control his players.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Seeing the video it is a little surprising that he wasn't dismissed by the club immediately. No excuses for striking out at a member of the public like that. Personally think it's time to look for a new manager, Pete doesn't seem to be able to control his players.

Down to the individual to control themselves...

However he does need to sort it out...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
What can Pete genuinely do in that situation? How do you control an unhinged, out of control 6ft 4inch hockey player?

And to be fair to Pete, I've seen him physically hold players back by their shirts whilst on the bench to stop them getting involved in whatever nonsense was going on at the time.