MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 1 Week Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Q and A session..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Maybe part of the problem is that as we come towards the latter part of the season, many of us still don't know what the owners look like ? Perhaps they need to make a little more effort to mix with and speak to the paying customers.
It's not hard to find them on a match night. I've spoken to Graham a few times, and he's very approachable and has been fairly open with me in terms of the questions I have asked him in the past.

It's a completely different style they have to previous owners. Whilst they're not as in your face as someone like Vito, they are always there on game nights and highly approachable.
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for the information Reg, if a public meeting is not held fairly soon, perhaps I will do that.
Old 1 Week Ago

Few points to add here.

This was always going to be a challenging season. We have had some great moments, but the last few weeks have soured the experience for a number of fans, and I'm sure some of the players.

I hope the club will learn and secure a larger venue for the meeting next time. All fans should be able to have a say.

Lots of fans are frustrated with the past couple of months and if they don't feel there's been enough communication during these challenging times, that won't help the situation.

One specific thought re the meeting. I seem to remember a comment was made about it being hard to add players at this time of the season? Well if memory serves correctly, Mele got injured against Cardiff on January 3rd and Essery against Coventry on January. We would have known within 3/5 days they were serious injuries, so if budget allowed we should have shown ambition and replaced them in January. Other teams added players then and improved, we've weakened and lost energy and belief. Team spirit still looks good, but that will only get you so far when playing against an extra line most games. if we didn't have the budget that's fine, but you can let that be known to your fan base in a suitable and subtle way.

It would be great in the future if three Q and A sessions were agreed at the start of the season. A suggestion would be one at the end of October to summarise first couple of months, one in January after the busy Christmas period and one with six weeks to go to highlight to fans what the plan is for the run in/early thoughts for the following season.

Whilst I'm at it! I also think there should be a coach's corner up on the website by Tuesday, regardless of if we have beaten Sheffield 7-2 or lost 7-3 at Guildford at the weekend. I would like a summary of what Pete thinks went well, what we need to improve and how we are planning to change it (without giving it all away to the opposition obviously!)

The club has done some good work encouraging new fans which is obviously hugely important (improved social media, match night experience etc). However there is work to do to make sure our traditional fan base does not feel disenfranchised.

This is big boys hockey now, hopefully we will learn and improve on the ice next year, but I think there's work to be done off the ice too to ensure we are a fully professional outfit.
Old 1 Week Ago
Advanced Member

I believe Pete said that it took 7 weeks to find Stoflet ...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Whilst I'm at it! I also think there should be a coach's corner up on the website by Tuesday, regardless of if we have beaten Sheffield 7-2 or lost 7-3 at Guildford at the weekend. I would like a summary of what Pete thinks went well, what we need to improve and how we are planning to change it (without giving it all away to the opposition obviously!)
I think this is a great idea, but I would make it monthly rather than weekly. The Captain's Corner item that Carrsy did was good, but did become a bit repetitive after a while.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post

I hope the club will learn and secure a larger venue for the meeting next time. All fans should be able to have a say.

The meeting was arranged after I met with Graham, Monica and Pete and asked them if there is anyway we could do something a little different for the Gold, Supporters Club members and season ticket holders.. The venue was agreed as they are a sponsor to the club and it would be good to give them a little bit back at the same time.
I thought the evening was a success and appeared to go down well with all those in attendance.
Old 1 Week Ago

Dave, it's always good to talk, and to support our sponsors, but why do we have to have separate meetings for different groups of supporters ? We all support one club, and surely there is greater strength in unity, especially when the team is having a tough time on the ice ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago

The whole point of gold membership is they get little extra perks through their monthly membership. I don't see the problem. Without wishing to sound blunt, if people want these perks they can join the SC or buy a season ticket?