MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Q and A session..

Could be interesting...

https://mk-lightning.co.uk/fanevent060218/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Q and A session..

Have put my name down.
Note only supporters club and season ticket holders can attend.
Rinks visited MK Arena,Thunderdome,Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altrincham , Peterborough, Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha Tip Sport (CZ),Sparta Praha O2 (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 1 Week Ago

Would have loved to attend, so many questions to ask, but not among the "chosen ones", despite only missing two home games all season. If you are not sworn to secrecy, could someone please report back on here please ? It would be very much appreciated !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Would have loved to attend, so many questions to ask, but not among the "chosen ones", despite only missing two home games all season. If you are not sworn to secrecy, could someone please report back on here please ? It would be very much appreciated !
Posted via Mobile Device
I too cannot be there but as above would appreciate some feedback if possible please.
Old 1 Week Ago

Sorry guys, not present at the Q & A, but able to provide some updates that are coming out through Twitter, would appear Pete Russell (PR), Kevin King (KK) and Graham/Monica Moody (GM) are present:

PR: Been challenging at times, last 6 weeks have made us stronger because of injuries. Still a lot of hockey left and it's not over yet. It's been a wild season and I think it's a good thing that we can have events like tonight between the club and fans.

GM: It's been a learning curve for all us of this season, it's been an exciting season. We've won our fair share of games at home against established sides.

KK: From the player's perspective we wanna thank every single one of you who've stuck with us throughout the season. I wanna thank you all for your continued support:

PR (On injuries): Some teams get lucky and some teams don't. I guess we haven't had that luck. I think a massive part of this league is injuries and suspensions. Injuries create tiredness and makes everything harder.

KK (On Injuries): It's always tough to lose quality guys and it impacts on your energy levels. Injuries at this level happen, it's down to luck and preparation. DOPS is trying to clean up the league and that's a good thing which will mean it's easier to recruit players.

GM (Expectations & Statement): I didn't know what to expect, there's been a lot we've had to deal with. We've had to be flexible as it's been challenging yet really rewarding. We always try to stay behind the coach and the team. It's exciting, we will definitely carry on as much as we can. Good times will be coming. There's no other option than the EIHL, there's a lot of plans coming which will make things exciting for the future.

PR (EPL compared to EIHL): I'd rather be in the EIHL to be honest, I enjoy the quality of the hickey and the atmosphere. I think we're better than our current position, the club is growing and things can only get better. You can feel the difference in the crowd, you can feel the excitement in the rink more in comparison to last season. The big thing about this club is the crowd, we were losing 3-0 and the crowd got nosier. That's the difference.

GM (Favourite part of the season): Winning away at Coventry and going to Sheffield. The bigger the challenge the better the reward.

PR (Favourite part of the season): I thought Sunday was a real togetherness performance which showed real character with us being short. I enjoyed going into the room at the end and seeing the guys all smiling. You live for that.

PR (On 2 way players): They're not physically ready sometimes. It depends on the opposition. In the long run DOPS will help young players develop in the EIHL. It's a massive difference from EPL, they train everyday with us. It's hard to give them opportunities.

GM (Finances): We made a mistake with the family tickets and we apologise for that now. However like we said it's a learning curve, it's our first lesson and lessons will be learnt and it won't be repeated.

GM (Next seasons tickets): I haven't looked to be honest but I can assure you that they won't go up. We might look at a different match structure but it's something we'll discuss.

GM (MKLTV & Season Tickets): Looking at offers involving Gold membership and Lightning Tv

PR (Planning for next season): You look at your core players and you add to what you think is missing. I know what I would do, but I'm not going to be sharing!

PR (Injuries): Miika and Kyle skated today. We'll see what happens with them. Tommy depends on how he feels when he skates. It's brighter than what it was. Kyle is probably the closest, it's positive.

PR (New signings): It's extremely difficult to find the exact player you want, especially at this time of year. It took us 7 weeks last time to fill a defensive position. It's been really difficult. We'll see what happens, if it's the right guy the owners would back us. Signing deadline is March 1st.

Sarah-Jayne (Club promotion): We visit offices on a regular basis, a number of our sponsors go out to their own client-base and show hockey as well. It's the main growth area.

(Mid week games): Every midweek game has been the highest attended ever and last week against Manchester was the highest we've had midweek. It's growing but it takes time.

(Charity money): In total £12,000 thanks to the Challenge Cup shirts, Valentine's shirts, and other things. All down to the fans and the unprecedented support they've given to this season.

GM (Finances): All the money we raise goes straight into the team. It allows us to support the team as best we can. The fans are the life blood of the team, the signing of Henri Pacl was absolutely down to the supporters and the money they raised.

GM (Lessons learnt): I've learnt to communicate better.
KK: True character comes out and as PR said earlier, we wanted a room of good guys and good players. It's what's made a challenging year more enjoyable.
Old 1 Week Ago

Was expecting more to follow, but just seen that's the end for tonight.
Old 1 Week Ago
MKIH Forums 500 post club

thanks Hendo
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife
Old 1 Week Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Cheers Hendo. Forgot this was tonight, been busy with work so didnít manage to send any Qís in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Hendo, very much appreciated, as are your match night reports !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks on the mid- week games would of like to know why we start at 7.45.. I think this has an effect numbers especially for families ..
Posted via Mobile Device