MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Jusified beatifully , i do have the odd flutter but would never back my team to lose a game , i just dont bet on them for my own personal gain.

Regardless its sad to see our own fans posting odds of the oppostion team to beat us and trying to infulence other supporters to do so.

Maybe at the next home game with your winnings you could buy the owners or Pete maybe a nice pint and tell them how we're the best fans in the league
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh well, that was a terrible result...but at least Ive won back the price of my ticket/stream...

Wont tell you the bet a good friend of mine put on Man City to qualify for the Champions League in 2010 (when it was a straight shoot-out between them and Spurs to finish 4th). Was a bit of an extreme gesture even for me!

Its less not backing the team (I never bet more than a few quid, or more than Id miss) but more a consolation in the event we lose!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: MK Lightning v Guildford Flames - Sat 03/02/18 F.O. 1900

Quote:
Jusified beatifully , i do have the odd flutter but would never back my team to lose a game , i just dont bet on them for my own personal gain.
Bully for you. Gambling is a hobby as much as supporting Lightning is. I would never hesitate betting against them if the value on offer is worth it.

Quote:
Regardless its sad to see our own fans posting odds of the oppostion team to beat us and trying to infulence other supporters to do so.
I think it's sad you are trying to make an issue out of this.

Quote:
Maybe at the next home game with your winnings you could buy the owners or Pete maybe a nice pint and tell them how we're the best fans in the league
That's just pointless rhetoric
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

Gambling has nothing to do with sentiment. You look for value and potential.

Some times that means betting against your own team if you do it properly. If Paddy Power (or other bookies) gave me 5-1 for Cardiff against us then you would see me lumping a lot of cash against us. This doesn't mean I don't want us to win but realistically we would likely lose and the value of that bet is massively worth it.

Would also be one of those instances that either way you win. MKL win you are happy for the 2 points, Cardiff win you are happy for the money.

I don't see the problem ... we don't have any influence on the outcome so meh.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 1 Week Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Match Highlights courtesy of Lightning Tv

Match Report courtesy of mk-lightning.co.uk