MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > Other Teams forums

Other Teams forums Any other ice hockey teams info should be placed in here, no matter what league or country they are in.

Old 01-19-2017
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_blaze View Post
They haven't broken any rules though - the league didn't have any rules for this type of thing happening - so I'm not sure how it can be considered 'cheating'? It's not very sporting, and quite gutting I would imagine for their imports who got let go, only to be replaced with cheaper versions...
Think that's the point.... there are no rules?
And there needs to be..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017
Advanced Member

Default Re: A statement from EPIHL club owners

Telford I think are morally wrong if they knew this would happen and intended to do it! Did they intend to do this? Probably not! I think 10 pt reduction as a warning, a slap on the wrist. Should include them in the play offs then for next season make the new rules along with a salary cap if needed for each team to make serious decisions with team selection and financial management.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowling26 View Post
Think that's the point.... there are no rules?
And there needs to be..
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, completely agree. You can download the rules of competition from the EIHA website, they aren't very long....

But you can't retrospectively apply new rules, just because it suits, and because you (the league) can't bear to see a team who went bust scoop up 2/3 of the silverware this season
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife
Old 01-19-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Oh, completely agree. You can download the rules of competition from the EIHA website, they aren't very long....

But you can't retrospectively apply new rules, just because it suits, and because you (the league) can't bear to see a team who went bust scoop up 2/3 of the silverware this season
Not yet they haven't
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 01-19-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:

But you can't retrospectively apply new rules, just because it suits
, and because you (the league) can't bear to see a team who went bust scoop up 2/3 of the silverware this season
Yes you can if the circumstances arise, that are not included in the current rules, and are deemed serious enough.
I can't remember a liquidation (in the EPL) that has seen a club that hasn't been decimated by it. Maybe that is why they thought they had to act now.

What I don't like is that despite the new rule (which is perfectly fine) they have ignored acting on it retrospectively so brought in another punishment (ie the explusion from the playoffs.) But as someone else said if they got docked points and we won the league it would be a hollow victory. The play-offs not quite as much.
Old 01-19-2017
Advanced Member

Is Telford actually an Elite league capable team of professional full time players playing in the EPL?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017

Interesting reading both sides of the picture.

I might be in the minority but I'm in favour of this - if there isn't the option of giving them a points reduction this season then to me this is the next best thing. And to me - it wont be a hollow victory for whoever wins.
A hollow victory would be a team built on money a club didn't have, a hollow victory would be a team celebrating after leaving 100K odd of debt behind and carrying on like it never happened - and in-fact signing a new netminder who could potentially make a big difference to the games Tigers are still to play...

My preference would be that in the rules they have proposed for next season about reduction in points etc had actually been bought in last summer - but they weren't so I get there is no option to do that.
But play-offs are invite only, and the league believe they can opt not to invite Telford and Phoenix - so be it.

I'm more interested in knowing why Tigers didn't attend the meeting.....
Old 01-20-2017

Obviously this meeting was invites only as well as the play-offs... 👍
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2017

Does anyone have any further information on the other key decision made at the meeting......

"A unanimous decision was made by all clubs attending that no member club will participate or attend the meeting on the 25th January 2017 convened by IHUK and it is intended that the league will continue for season 2017 / 18."

What is it that IHUK want to introduce?
Old 01-20-2017

The rules should have been in place at the start of the season, and I agree that there should have been a severe league points deduction and signing restrictions for the rest of the season. No way should trading illegally be allowed, and I wonder if the Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise are having a look at where the money has gone ?

If "Mr Telford" wants to, I can see the Playoff exclusion ending up in the Court of arbitration in sport, and I reckon they might win the case.

As the standard of hockey has got better, the administration of the clubs and league has not ! The same could be said of the referees (except two) that the players and fans have to endure most weeks.

I am starting to see why we have moved up to the Elite league, as the EPL not taking part in the much needed talks on the future of Ice Hockey in the UK, smacks of burying your head in the sand. By the time they remove their heads, I doubt many suitable teams will be left to form a viable league.