MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 14 Hours Ago

Default Re: So What Now For Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevied View Post
We re-group, dust ourselves down and get going again. This team is much better than the results suggest. It will come right. I'm enjoying everything but the final scores. It's our first season and I'm 100% behind the boys and know it will get better.
Posted via Mobile Device
me too!
Old 14 Hours Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmersonV View Post
We simply don't have the budget to compete at this level. Getting trounced every game now..
Posted via Mobile Device
Have to disagree.
We had an amazing home run and we have beaten all the teams in the league and topped our conference and got to the semis in the cup to be beaten in second leg by one the best and most experienced teams in the league.

But

Leadership is lacking as is the discipline on ice so we suffer from so many silly pens.
Lack of depth if we had everyone fit I am sure we would better but we have little more depth.
The D, we have struggled since we have lost Gibson and we put a lot of pressure in Wiki.
Power Play OK tonight we scored two but that is an exception rather than a rule

But too

I had a lot of misgivings about going Elite but I have enjoyed this season despite the ups and downs and certainly want to see how we move forward next year.

But Three

Have the new owners still got the will and budget to help us develop and move forward?
Rinks visited MK Arena,Thunderdome,Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altrincham , Peterborough, Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha Tip Sport (CZ),Sparta Praha O2 (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 13 Hours Ago

Over Christmas I would have agreed with the pens, but we took a few tonight. We took a couple last night. Less than Storm.
But they were hardly out of the context - the 2 high stick pens tonight were comical considering our opponents caused 2 much worse incidents, but were simply called "high sticks" and no penalties.

The Darnell games apart, we've been really good for penalties. I actually think it's made us a worse team in many ways because we aren't defending now, scared of taking a pen.

But last night, we did everything right. We just didn't get a break. Tonight we were doing OK until Wiki went off and we went to pieces.

This is entirely about confidence and injuries combined.
Old 12 Hours Ago

I thought the players gave everything tonight, but it was like trying to fight a tank with a catapult !

We have not got the strength in depth, or quality to compete at this level. Yes, we had some awful calls against us in the first period, and a lack of calls in our favour, I reckon we should have had 5 powerplays, and the injury to Wiikman was a massive blow, but looking at the SOG, it is hard to dispute the final scoreline.

Talk of next season is irrelevant at the moment, because if the coach and players are not supported by the owners, with some fresh legs, who is going to want to sign for MKL ? Our better players have already been identified by other clubs, and why would you sign up again to get beaten night after night ?

The support tonight was great, our supporters club do a brilliant job in raising funds for the club, so there are positives, but the coach and team need help, now !

If the owners can't fund the few new players that would probably transform our season, then I wish they would just level with the supporters, and tell us how they see the season to date, and the way forward. Surely our loyal support deserves respect and transparency ?

Last edited by Nick; 12 Hours Ago at 01:12 AM. Reason: Technical issues