MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Default Re: Guildford Flames v MK Lightning - Wed 27/12/17 F.O. 1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
To be fair, this season was always going to be one where we needed to find our feet. In some ways, MK have exceeded my expectations. But it's the inconsistency that frustrates me. We go from beating Panthers one game to the dross like the Flames games just gone.

I've got no issue with a team losing. It's about how they lose...and for me, there are too many players who are more concerned with the name on the back of the shirt rather than the logo on the front.
Who would that be Reg? I've got to say the (apparent) attitude of some players hasn't impressed me when the going has got tough this season. Hearing about Nickerson trying to start something with Guildford players on Wednesday when we were 3-0 down was just embarrassing and I can appreciate the value of an edgy little mouthy agitator on the side when we're winning, but Kearney just needs to get his head-down and play when things aren't going our way and make a difference that way.

To be honest I wonder if we've missed a trick releasing Tait? Not a game-changer any more but a veteran, has done it all in this league and a bit of leadership on the ice/in the locker-room.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbros650 View Post
Who would that be Reg? I've got to say the (apparent) attitude of some players hasn't impressed me when the going has got tough this season. Hearing about Nickerson trying to start something with Guildford players on Wednesday when we were 3-0 down was just embarrassing and I can appreciate the value of an edgy little mouthy agitator on the side when we're winning, but Kearney just needs to get his head-down and play when things aren't going our way and make a difference that way.

To be honest I wonder if we've missed a trick releasing Tait? Not a game-changer any more but a veteran, has done it all in this league and a bit of leadership on the ice/in the locker-room.
Agree about Kearney - and I'd put VP in the same bracket too. Very capable players, but their heads just don't seem in the game at crucial times.

TBH it would probably be easier to mention the ones I would keep for next season King, Kearney, Hook, Hudson, Philips, Wiikman, VP...that's about it. Maybe Doucet? I think he's our top goalscorer, but he's not really lived up to the hype though has he.

Everyone loves a trier, but Boxhill, Foster and maybe Essery just aren't good enough for this league in my humble opinion.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
Agree about Kearney - and I'd put VP in the same bracket too. Very capable players, but their heads just don't seem in the game at crucial times.

TBH it would probably be easier to mention the ones I would keep for next season King, Kearney, Hook, Hudson, Philips, Wiikman, VP...that's about it. Maybe Doucet? I think he's our top goalscorer, but he's not really lived up to the hype though has he.

Everyone loves a trier, but Boxhill, Foster and maybe Essery just aren't good enough for this league in my humble opinion.
Doucet is frustrating, seems to need to play with FVP to produce?

Essery is the only one Id disagree with, hes a forechecking machine and offers more of a physical edge than some of the bigger guys, really knows how to throw a hit despite being the smallest guy on the ice most nights. Could use an entire line like him in my opinion!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just seen the highlights...deary me. Their last goal 6 MK players in the d zone and 1 Flames player, and they still score
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Match Highlights courtesy of Flames Tv

Match Report courtesy of Guildford Flames