MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Re: MK Lightning v Guildford Flames - Tue 26/12/17 F.O. 1800

In the short few years I have been watching Lightning that was a low moment!! I know you can't win them all but at least go down fighting....

Anyone know why the goal was disallowed in the 3rd? We were stood behind the goal and the puck was well over before the posts moved so assumed it was for something else???
Old 3 Weeks Ago

What's the story behind Mele's absence. Chat with the ref seems to be favourite but no definite nor how long.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Advanced Member

According the the FB group, Mele went home for Xmas and hasn't returned yet and the goal was disallowed for kicking it in
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
According the the FB group, Mele went home for Xmas and hasn't returned yet and the goal was disallowed for kicking it in
Posted via Mobile Device

I really do hope this is not true about Mele, as this is not a recreational team ! I travelled 100 miles tonight, to witness a flat, lifeless performance, from an MKL team, with only one player performng to his usual standard. You know him, he is the one who plays to the same level every game. We have too many players who blow hot & cold, we lack individual discipline & that is partly why we never have a full bench.

A shake up and a few home truths are urgently needed, or supporters will stop coming to every game, and start to be much more selective, and that will lead the club to a slippery slope !
Old 3 Weeks Ago

0-1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcfDYy3TCE
0-2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4voxXFCXpxo
Lightnings disallowed goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjBgEcXi6x4
0-3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVuagqN0A4
Old 3 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I really do hope this is not true about Mele, as this is not a recreational team ! I travelled 100 miles tonight, to witness a flat, lifeless performance, from an MKL team, with only one player performng to his usual standard. You know him, he is the one who plays to the same level every game. We have too many players who blow hot & cold, we lack individual discipline & that is partly why we never have a full bench.

A shake up and a few home truths are urgently needed, or supporters will stop coming to every game, and start to be much more selective, and that will lead the club to a slippery slope !
Well won’t condemn him for that if true, there might be reasons why he needed to be home for the holidays and in certain circumstances family has to come before work. Or he might have taken a knock and not been fit in any case. Entirely possible to put a negative spin on it though, dissatisfied in defeat and say it looks like he’s bigger than the team!

Still put us at a disadvantage last night though, whatever the reason (worth noting that Flames’ ECHL recruit; Walker was playing and hadn’t gone home for the holidays).

Have been following Guildford closely and using them as a measuring-stick, while they started slower than us they’ve really come-on at this point of the season and appear to be well coached, young, hungry and free of egos. They move the puck well and receive it at speed which we struggled to do all night!

Having Mele back, FVP, Hudson will just paper-over the cracks IMO. We had enough ‘talent’ in the team to win last night, just doesn’t looks like it’s showing up for every game?

Having Boxill on the ice when we pulled the netminder epitomised the futility of it all for me, he’s a grinder, wins faceoffs, forechecks gamely but he’s not a game-winner. Looked like we just stuck-out whoever still had legs at that point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Match Highlights courtesy of Lightning Tv

Match Report courtesy of mk-lightning.co.uk