MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 05-08-2017

Default Tommy Carlon

Judging by his Instagram, looks like Carlon has retired! Shame there is nothing from MKL yet?!
Old 05-08-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Tommy Carlon

No comms from the club surpises you how?

Now that the NIHL structure has been agreed, I would imagine that announcements will be coming soon. It will be interesting to see how many MKL players make the move to Thunder.

I saw Tom's post over the weekend and it's a real shame that players like Tom have to give up the game, but it's totally understandable with the way the game is heading in the UK.

Thanks for all the efforts Tom.
Old 05-08-2017
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Didn't spot this.

He did say on his 'banners on the wall' interview/podcast appearance that he didn't see himself in the Elite League.

He's 'quit' hockey before and come back though. Don't know what he does for work but I imagine we might see a few more of the Career-minded players stepping back from Hockey with the recent changes in the league.
Old 05-08-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

From memory Tom's job is something to do with banking and finance. I doubt he would give up that career for another shot at the Elite League, especially with a young family.

A lot of the MK-based Brits are too young to retire and most have a good number of seasons left in them. It would be a massive shame if they hung up the skates, but I guess NIHL1 probably isn't an attractive proposition for them.

I wonder if the Lightning bolts in Thunder's new logo mean anything? Or whether they're just lighnting bolts?? haha
Old 05-09-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Very sad news, Tom still has a lot to offer. Unfortunately, I suspect that a number of really good players will be retiring prematurely due to the demise of the EPL.
Old 05-09-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffs View Post
Very sad news, Tom still has a lot to offer. Unfortunately, I suspect that a number of really good players will be retiring prematurely due to the demise of the EPL.
Tom had a new baby during the season. I suspect that he would have stepped down regardless, travelling away from home 4 days a week is a big ask.
Still, Coventry NIHL team has room for him, should he fancy a comeback!
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife