MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 06-24-2006
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Thumbs up Who Are Ya - Who are Ya ?

Kinda following on from the 'locations' thread above, and seeing as I'm relatively new to this site (and the forums) just wanted to formally say 'hello' to everyone , and get a general feel for whos' who (as it seems several of you have various links to the MKL, its players, family etc....)

I personally have only recently got back into follow the Lightning having previously been a Kings fan back in the days of Scott, McCarthy etc.... I have no reasoning as to quite why I stopped other than sheer laziness but am looking to make up for lost time now !

Having said that, am already looking forward to this coming season (despite the fact we only have 3 formally announced players at present) and the revealling of the new strip in July.

So, who are you all, and what is your connection with the MKL (fan, staff, fan club etc) ?

Start the abuse now....

EDIT: Bit about myself would help ! I'm Chris, 27 year old - lived in MK 25-26 years. Was a fan of the Kings prior to Bladerunner closing, now back into it big time ! (I'm also a Spurs fan, but that's for another forum all together !).

Last edited by Shelfer; 06-24-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2006

welcome to the forum ... im an mk lightning fan , former kings fan ... sit in j block with my house mate ...who i made an ice hockey fan ... and im very proud of that : ) ... i did have sometime out from ice-hockey after the rink shut for the 2nd time .. and came back to watch when lightning took to the stage ....

again welcome to the forums and have fun

janey
Old 06-24-2006
CTRL+ALT+DELETE

Welcome!

I'm Jamie, i'm 15 and have been following the lightning for over a year and a half now. I'm a member of the MKBA which you may have heard about. I've just finished my GCSEs and am now waiting for my results. I've been offered a place at MK College, and Denbigh SChool Sixth Form. If i go to college, i hope to be studying ICT programming.

I like to go ice skating, and one of my main hobbies is Floorball (Oakgrove School - Wednesday Night 6:30pm - 7:30pm), and i've played for them for one season now.

Others teams that i support are the Nottingham Panthers and the Maple Leafs. Plus all other MK teams.

If you've got any questions you want to ask, go ahead.
Old 06-24-2006

Hiya !

Just added a short bit on the end of my original thread - would help if I at least gave you some idea who I am !
Old 06-24-2006

Welcome to the forum mate! Im Lee (obviously), 27 next month and i live in chavvy Leighton Buzzard

Ive been watching hockey in MK for 15 years, since the Kings debut season, only missing one season when i was living in Liverpool. When the Kings moved i continued to watch them when i could, and put money into the team, however more and more they began to feel like Solihull's team.

I first went to see Lightning with my mate who is friends with Leigh Jamieson, but now more regularly go with my dad, brother and girlfriend, sitting in J Block. I took a little time to get into the Lightning, but am now just as much into them as i ever was the Kings.....and as the saying goes, i havent looked back since

I am a Quality Assurance Leader for a company in Kent. I am a life long Spurs supporter, and am also filled with national and local pride sportswise, although im still not all that bothered about the Dons. My fave NHL team is Washington
Old 06-24-2006
Banned

How do,

Blondie is who I am. You won't see much of me this season as I live in Coventry (at least for now I do) and don't get to many games but hopefully that will change next year.

My real names Sara, I'm 22 and am a part-time beauty therapy student.Currently working at the shambles of a company that is Abbey National (well, cahoot to be exact) for one more week but then moving to Tui UK as they made us all redundant at cahoot!

Bit of a family feel on here as Pimmy is my boyfriend, Drums! is my brother and NorthernBlazeBloke is one of my good mates (who I probably see more of then I do my own brother) and my brother and my dad both play for the MK Hurricanes.

My main hockey love is the New York Rangers, and I may pop down the road to see the occasional Blaze game. Started watching MKL in 2003 (relative newbie) when Irvine left Blaze to come here and I preferred watching hockey in MK than in Cov for a lot of reasons.

You'll find most of what I post is either me complaining or asking someone to explain something for me!
Old 06-24-2006
Administrator

Am 21, am usually at games at the beginning of the season and around the christmas new year period (owing to being at Lincoln University, last year of that though) Went to my first game in 93 (but don't remember much of it, except I went with Tag Taylor) started following Kings in 98 when the rink re-opened as planet ice (used to sit in J block, then stood by the home team bench next to slug, and now am with the noisy lot in F block ... when I'm there that is!)
Old 06-25-2006
Eyes of a Panther

I'm Nefra, 31. Was a Kings fan, went to Solihull with them until Christmas of their first season (mainly because Slava was there) but returned 'home' after getting poorly and being tired of travelling to home games every week! I'm on the MKBA committee along with Catwoman and Golly.

I sit either in F block or in the bar with Joy Newman.

Welcome back to MK hockey Shelfer. You are very very welcome!
Old 06-25-2006
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Hiya

I've been a fan of Lightning since half wat through their first season. We've lived in MK for 5 years. I teach DT at St. Paul's and am dad to MKBA Flag girls - Jordan & Bethany, and Kieran (awarded Clubman for u14 B's).

I usually sit in J Block although my kids are in F block. I spend more time at the rink than at home as my daughters figure skate and Kieran plays Junior Hockey.

Welcome.

Pete
Old 06-26-2006
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Hi,

I'm 30.....until Sunday and started watching during Lightning's first season, moved around the rink a bit, started in B, moved to J and D before ending up in F block with the noise.

Am a member of the SC and MKBA, known as Big Ears as opposed to Chris, married to Flare and every now and then Noddy (sister in law) shows up too.