MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Thunder

MK Thunder All the posts relating to Milton Keynes Thunder can be found in here.

Old 04-03-2016
Advanced Member

Default Stephen wall

Was that Stephen wall I saw on tattoo fixers this week? Not 100% sure what Wall looks like out of his hockey attire.
Old 04-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Was that Stephen wall I saw on tattoo fixers this week? Not 100% sure what Wall looks like out of his hockey attire.
Sure is
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2016
The Mighty Skinny!

Default Re: Stephen wall

Today announced that he has hung his pads up for good!

Taken from his Facebook:
"Well not the way I wanted to end the season with a broke skate blade in warm up but that just topped my season off.
Want to say a big thanks to Mk thunder for letting me end the season with them was a pleasure..

Right this is going to be one of the hardest things to write and put into words but here it goes .. I'm now hanging up the pads it's been a long 13-14 years in the epl and played for some great clubs along the way want to thanks all the clubs I played for think there is to many to mention lol
But I do have to mention 2 clubs I spent most of my time at Milton Keynes lightning you guys have made me and my family feel so welcome from day one such a great club to play for and il be always grateful for everything they have done for me and my family ...

Peterborough phantoms what can I say spent a good 7-8 seasosn there winning 5 trophies along the way with out this club I would have not of had the career I've had so I thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself at a young age and also the best season Any one can have and done the treble which is still in the record books today ...

Made some great friends and friends for life through hockey and that's one of the best things il take away from my time playing ...

Last but not least just want to thank my wife for putting up with me and my parents for the endless hours they took me around the country to get where I got in my career

Thanks epl such a great league been a pleasure 👍"

Great servant the to the league!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2016
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Default Re: Stephen wall

Top goalie my 'first' goalie (in the same way that Sylvester McCoy was 'my' first Doctor Who) and I unknowingly gave him some stick on here before starting to understand the game.

Will always remember a close-up look at a stunning triple pad-save he made against Guildford last year in my first game at the refurbished rink, him stopping 3 penalty shots in a shoot-out last season (can't remember the opposition) and looking so cool doing it...I remember him having a decent patch of form in the run-in to the play-offs last year and this year him looking HUGE in net when Guildford Visited early-doors and finally having a fantastic game (as did Tom Annets in the opposite net) in Thunder v Oxford last weekend, best 1-0 game of hockey I've ever seen!

Top player. Got his name on the back of my first Lightning jersey and Thunder will find him tough to replace next season.
Posted via Mobile Device