MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Thunder

MK Thunder All the posts relating to Milton Keynes Thunder can be found in here.

Old 02-05-2016
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Default Poole and Wall-y sign for Thunder?

I'll pop it in here as it involves two ex-Lightning players (and one of those is the GM!).

Reported on THF (itself copied from Thunder FB account apparently) that Stevie Wall and Nick Poole have both signed as players for Thunder.

Presumably (with the import situation) this mean Koitmaa has been released?

Psyched for this as I'm going to see Oxford v MKT this Sunday. Was hoping to get a look at Koitmaa but chuffed I'll finally get to see Nick in a competitive game (he was already semi-retired by the time I started following the team, and missed his brief comeback v Peterborough and assist last game of last season).

Probably won't happen, but would love for Wall-y and Skinns to trade our #1 slot next season an let Marr get games at NIHL level (providing he doesn't go to another team).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2016
Advanced Member

Default Re: Poole and Wall-y sign for Thunder?

I'd rather see Marr play more often for Lightning, don't think he's done much wrong and hasn't deserved his benching ...

Aside from that I will have to go watch some thunder games, Wall is class
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2016

I like Marr too. He was fantastic in our early run of games and got his name on my White jersey that I'll be picking up next weekend.

Don't think he's done anything wrong to be honest. Just Russell going with the 'senior' netminder on the team (and Marr doesn't have as much experience in this league as Skinns, Russell must see some difference there).

Both very good Netminders in my eyes, competing for the one position and one is unlucky and just has to sit out.

Was like this last season too with Hedley impressing early-on and Wall-y coming into his own on the home-stretch.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2016

Fab news, this may well increase the crowds
Old 02-05-2016
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbros650 View Post
I'll pop it in here as it involves two ex-Lightning players (and is injured
one of those is the GM!).

Probably won't happen, but would love for Wall-y and Skinns to trade our #1 slot next season an let Marr get games at NIHL level (providing he doesn't go to another team).
Posted via Mobile Device
I may be wrong but didnt we tempt Skinns out of retirement to cover James Hadfield while he is injured? Marr has played at a good level overseas and has youth on his side.

if it was a vote I know which way I would vote. No disrespect to Wally but if other EPL teams are going towards import netties we need to be competitive.

Anyway great signing for Thunder,should make for very interesting games.
Rinks visited: Nottingham NIC, Solent and Gosport, Cardiff, Ally Pally, Streatham, MK Thunderdome, Coventry, Romford, Bracknell, Slough. Peterborough, Manchester, Isle of Wight, Guildford, Swindon, Ice Sheffield, Basingstoke, Solihull, Chelmsford, MKIce
Old 02-05-2016

Don't think Skinns was 'retired' just got forced out by Basingstoke going for the import-route?

I know what you mean about needing to be competitive though! Would be interested if we go that route next season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2016
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

At the start of the season, Pete said it would be a travesty for the GB coach to sign an import nettie. However, as you say, I think that is the way the league is going.

Back on topic, these are great signings for Thunder. Nick can still do a job at NIHL level as can Wally.
Old 02-06-2016

From a quick look at the gamesheet on the EIHA website looks like Koitmaa is still on the books as backup. Guessing if he gets called upon though Nick will have to be benched?

Anyone see the game?
Old 02-07-2016
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

It was an interesting game. Music was good haha ... No seriously though I thought Pooley and Wally had great games against a strong and talented Chieftans side.
Wally made some cracking saves including a 3 point save only for it to go in on the 4th attempt due to defence being in an away day it seems.
Nicks stick work and all round skating class was quite apparrent that he had lost none of it in the retired 18mths.

One things for sure after run out of this season and if the team stays together next season will be a cracker...

Gotta say from where I stood Wally saved it from being a double figure score line..... Gotta work in that defence out there is all I can say.

Having said that great game to watch good all round hockey game. Love MK Thunder.
Please all fans of MK ice hockey.... Get down there and give them some support.... Decent crowd but could have been doubled in size.... Your city / town needs you 👈🏻

True man of the game should go to Goresy for the way he face butted the boards under the time keepers bench knocking his helmet back off and down into his neck but just in a split second got up and hurriedly skated back into defensive position... True man of hockey not footballer !! Kudos to you Mr Gore 🏒🏑⛸🏒🏑
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2016

Saw a really short-benched Thunder side take on Oxford City Stars this evening.

Interestingly; after all the above chat Poole and Wall-y weren't with the team, I think they only had 2-and-a-bit lines to play and Koitmaa kept goal (with Caminsky as back up I think?).

Koitmaa played really well against a tired-looking Oxford side (who are no push-overs at Oxpens usually). Was looking on for a shut-out till the last few minutes of the third.

Not sure if Wall and Poole are only going to play the Home games for Thunder, or if tonight was a tactical decision (if Wall couldn't travel, the PR on the MKT website did announce he'd just become a Dad). Koitmaa looked good though and glad I got to see him play a game.

At one point though the refs assessed a bunch of misconducts (3 apiece I think) and left MK with only one spare skater and Caminsky on the bench to see out the penalties. Interesting at this level I suppose you still have players who can't travel because of work-commitments and such on certain days but I was surprised at no Nicklin or either of the Goode brothers icing. Makes coming away with a 3-1 win look even better I suppose.