MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 6 Days Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: We"re Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_blaze View Post
Nothing like giving the new owners a chance!
There aren't many clubs in the country with a supporters club like MKL! The new owners are (previous) Blaze sponsors, so I'm guessing in terms of hockey that's all they have to go on - two branches of fans trying to raise money for the club, fairly cliquey. There's a lot to take on board running a team, I'm sure they will get there, but there will be teething issues, no doubt.

In terms of gold membership, info like signings to members first will, I reckon, have to become a thing of the past. THere's always someone who wants to break your news first, and if you're going to break it, then wait a day before breaking it with everyone else, someone else WILL get in there first.
Not knocking new owners as communication via gold for the last year has been poor. Not SC or PR persons fault they can only release what they are given.

I used to have gold because when working I could pick up an email but not can not access social media or the web. But from now on I will just have to wait until I can access the web at home. Using Facebook, twitter and forum

As you say things get out quick now.
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 6 Days Ago

FYI - The PR Team have not been involved in the majority of the posts over the last week or so. I presume everything will be changing with the new owners at some stage.
Old 6 Days Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
FYI - The PR Team have not been involved in the majority of the posts over the last week or so. I presume everything will be changing with the new owners at some stage.
I guess it's easy to criticise when you don't know the facts and make certain assumptions. The club has obviously been going through transition of ownership and I'd imagine that's why there has been silence.
Kyle is right in that the new owners have been involved in the PR from this week and none of the existing media team have been involved.
Will we be retained? Who knows at the moment but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Old 6 Days Ago
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble33 View Post
I guess it's easy to criticise when you don't know the facts and make certain assumptions. The club has obviously been going through transition of ownership and I'd imagine that's why there has been silence.
Kyle is right in that the new owners have been involved in the PR from this week and none of the existing media team have been involved.
Will we be retained? Who knows at the moment but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Point 1 : Not SC or PR persons fault they can only release what they are given.

Is that criticism?

Point 2
Not knocking new owners as communication via gold for the last year has been poor.

The last bit of this is though. If I am buying something I expect to get it.
Though I am aware there are many other benefits to Gold Membership this was the main one for me and the reason why I paid an extra 120 a year. Have now given gold membership up. The money being reinvested in my season ticket.
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,