MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 05-03-2016
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Default Gold membership issues

Jono, Pukakat and Marksbros650, Gold members do not get 1st dibs on shirts, members are asked not to post or say anything about signings etc., you may find that it's not members that put the I know something you don't remarks up, as for the members being a bit cliquey, I am a member and have no idea who the other members are, the club gets over 8000 per year (I think) from gold membership, personally 34p per day is change laying around and I have very little cash to flitter away, just my way of giving a little back to a sport I love.
Old 05-03-2016

Default Re: Gold membership issues

Cheers. Care to comment on any of the other points I raised?

Still think it's a bit bush-league to sell or commodetise information about the club.

Curious how many other clubs in our league do the same really.

And look at the griping that ensues when info is 'leaked' or not released to the Gold Members first.

But like I said, won't be an issue in a year as all the player releases/transfers/trades will likely be on the Elite League website first-and-foremost.

IMO the club needs to look at including everyone as much as they can and creating a community feeling around this *growing* fan base if it's to succeed in the future. Maybe prioritising the supporter's club worked in the past but in this day and age the club can't afford to be seen to favour a particular group of supporters.

Not deriding the supporters club or the members, but all the fans need to feel equally valued or some won't come back in the fullness of time if the SC are treated as 'supporters' and the fans who 'just' pay on the door are treated as 'consumers'.

That's one of the factors that put my off Premier League Football, and it used to spend tonnes more on supporting Spurs than I have in 3 years supporting Lightning!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbros650 View Post
Still think it's a bit bush-league to sell or commodetise information about the club.

Curious how many other clubs in our league do the same really.

Posted via Mobile Device
Genuine question, could you just clarify what the term "bush league" means for me please? I hear it angled at a lot of things in hockey but it just seems to be a term used when someone just isn't happy with how someone's affected them.

Is it actually a term of expression?
Old 05-03-2016

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2016

Bush-league: aka 'the minors' 'Mickey-mouse league/cup'.

Basically anything that makes a team look smaller in stature than it really is.

Kinda like how a crowd of Chelsea-supporters following a team sitting in tenth were all singing songs supporting the team that were crowned Champions last night because 'anyone but Spurs' lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Bush-league: aka 'the minors' 'Mickey-mouse league/cup'.

Basically anything that makes a team look smaller in stature than it really is.

Kinda like how a crowd of Chelsea-supporters following a team sitting in tenth were all singing songs supporting the team that were crowned Champions last night because 'anyone but Spurs' lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Ah ok I see, I certainly get the football analogy. You've seen this type of thing happen before where it's had a detrimental effect? Which team / league if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-03-2016

I've been watching MK hockey for a while, never been a Gold member and I don't mind waiting a day for news, its a simple and good way of making much needed money, so I don't really see the problem?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2016
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Curious how many other clubs in our league do the same really.Posted via Mobile Device
I'd also be curious to know how many other supporter's clubs in the EPL raise as many funds as ours do? Take away the Gold membership and that's a significant chunk of that cash missing.

For those that moan about the Gold member scheme and have said there are potential alternatives that could be put in place for members instead of advanced press releases, what are these alternatives that would be of interest to gold members to make them part with 10 a month?
Old 05-03-2016

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2016

On your other comments marksbros650, I have no answer as I have had a very busy day and am too tired but gold members shouldn't discuss or hint at signings on forums etc until general release, but please feel free to join the supporters club as you can get 10% or as a gold member 15% off the lovely merchandise including jerseys.
Posted via Mobile Device