MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Thunder

MK Thunder All the posts relating to Milton Keynes Thunder can be found in here.

Old 1 Week Ago
Advanced Member

Default Greg Randall re-signs for MKT

*** From MK Thunder Official Website ***

http://www.mkthunder.com/

THUNDER ADD EXPERIENCE TO BLUE LINE
Milton Keynes Thunder are pleased to announce the re-signing of veteran defenceman Greg Randall. Greg needs no introduction to hockey fans in MK, having been involved in senior hockey here for the majority of the past 18 years. Having started playing in his hometown of Medway in the mid 90ís, Greg spread his wings at a young age and took in stops in Peterborough and Guildford, before moving to Milton Keynes to play for the Kings in 1999, he has remained here ever since, despite seasons in other clubs, namely Chelmsford, Peterborough and Bracknell. Greg will provide the Thunder team with a vast array of experience, he has played in every league in the country from the old Heineken league, the BNL, Elite League, EPL and the NIHL.

When asked about signing Greg, head coach Lewis Clifford made the following comments; "I am really happy to have Randy back in the line up, I have known him for a long time and I know what he can bring to the team. When I was appointed as coach I spoke to Randy early on and to be honest I never expected him to come back and say he would commit to the full schedule, but after a few days he came back to me and said he was up for it and wanted to commit to another season. Randy will be our oldest player, and I am sure he will be the first to admit he isn't as quick as he used to be, but he is an excellent skater, reads the game extremely well and can still make plays at this level that other guys aren't capable of seeing, let alone making. Randy is a guy who will bring a lot to the table, whether that is partnering a young defenceman and showing him the ropes or pulling the strings on one of the powerplay units, he will have a big role to play this season for definite, I am looking forward to working with him when September rolls around."

Greg was asked for his comments on returning for another season and said; "After having a three year break I came back to the Thunder last season and rekindled my enjoyment of the game. My only regret was that my personal circumstances only allowed me to play a partial role. Things have now changed which means I can be a fully committed member of the team this season which I'm excited about and can't wait to get started with the guys Cliff has brought together."

Greg will continue to wear the #50 Thunder shirt which are now available for sponsorship under our 'Own and Loan' scheme. As usual, email manager@mkthunder.com if you're interested.