MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 07-08-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Default Re: BIG announcement later?

Embarrassing really, announcing a new logo, Chris (no disrespect) wearing the old logo then we announce a player today using the old logo in the promotional picture.

We change logo literally every 2 seasons.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raufera View Post
Embarrassing really, announcing a new logo, Chris (no disrespect) wearing the old logo then we announce a player today using the old logo in the promotional picture.

Posted via Mobile Device
Hopefully in 2 seasons time we'll have a good one

I've never really been a fan of any of the lightning logos , apart from last seasons chequered away shirt as soon as I saw it I wanted it.
Old 07-08-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raufera View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
The intention was to wear the old one live, not sure what happened with the announcement today though.

I guess there will be those who choose to be embarrassed by such things, it happens to us all at some point. I'm regularly embarrassed by some but hey I suppose that's life
Old 07-09-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

It would be good to get some consistency with the branding. Looks like Pucky was wearing last season's top and old logo at the carnival thing earlier today. In the launch video, he had a top with the new branding on didn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
It would be good to get some consistency with the branding. Looks like Pucky was wearing last season's top and old logo at the carnival thing earlier today. In the launch video, he had a top with the new branding on didn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device
It looked like he was wearing a hoody in the launch video. Far too hot to expect the person 'helping' Pucky to have on a furry suit and a hoody!
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife
Old 07-09-2017

I know I'm a bit late to the party for this. But personally I think the lightning bolt they've got in this new logo hardly looks like a lightning bolt
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2017

i was told if you have nothing good to say don't say anything so here's what I think of the new logo
And that's all I've got to say
Old 07-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveR View Post
i was told if you have nothing good to say don't say anything so here's what I think of the new logo
And that's all I've got to say
Which is fine and slightly hard to believe, however the people want to look at there team and go "wow" and make other people go "wow", you want to try and catch people's attention and draw them in whether, that's old fans or potential new fans and this logo does nothing like that, you want people to buy your merch too I see it being more difficult with this rebrand. Rebranding is difficult and usually done wrong (example one putting blue in the team)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2017

At first when I saw the New Logo I couldn't see MK, it looks more to me that they have tried to create an "M" & "G" (Monica & Graham) and the MK Lightning written next to it, if this was to be true, I think it's clever.

I did notice though that in the newly painted changing rooms that on the benches, the existing Logo remains, so maybe we are looking into it too much and we will see both of the shirts?

Maybe the New design on the shoulders of the shirt or something, just my opinion.

it is growing on me but it's not a design that I would associate with an Ice Hockey Team logo.
Currently 1- 1 in the Soupy v Dubbsie Chalgave-Abbey Open 10 -11
Old 07-10-2017

I really don't like to be negative as I think that the new team is shaping up really well and I think Monica and Graham are working really hard to get things right. BUT (now the negative part!) I just don't get the new logo at all. A logo should instantly make you think of the 'product'. I don't know how an 'M' with an indeterminate squiggle underneath it makes you think of anything to do with Milton Keynes or Lightning or a hockey team or any sports team. If you look at other hockey teams logos, they are all instantly recognisable by their logos. MKL will become unrecognisable (the team with the strange logo - whoever they are!).
There is also a danger of alienating existing fans who are not entirely convinced by the switch to the Elite league. It makes it feel that we are dismissing what's gone before, not building on what was the best hockey season many fans have experienced.
OK - negativity over!