MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 07-03-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Now Planet Ice have sold the Rink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbeechey View Post
Thought coventry was a higher capacity, PI probably didn't pay for the refurbishment, Morrisons probably had to foot the bill as part of the planning acceptance for the new store. MK, in fact the region needs an indoor arena sized venue, doesn't take much to lay an ice pad down as well. That way MK Lightning could expand to a regional team
Posted via Mobile Device
Why would we need a bigger arena for ice hockey when we rarely fill the one we have? Half-filled arenas have absolutely no atmosphere and it would be like watching the MK Dons week in week out.

I think we're good where we are for the time being.
Old 07-05-2017
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

I may have this completely wrong, but when all the meetings were taking place pre and post refurb were not PI tenants with a long lease? I honestly thought Applegate (sp) owned all the land and buildings and as such were the landlord's.

I am sure some kind soul on here will 'put me right'.
Rinks visited: Nottingham NIC, Solent and Gosport, Cardiff, Ally Pally, Streatham, MK Thunderdome, Coventry, Romford, Bracknell, Slough. Peterborough, Manchester, Isle of Wight, Guildford, Swindon, Ice Sheffield, Basingstoke, Solihull, Chelmsford, MKIce
Old 07-05-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurzz View Post
I may have this completely wrong, but when all the meetings were taking place pre and post refurb were not PI tenants with a long lease? I honestly thought Applegate (sp) owned all the land and buildings and as such were the landlord's.

I think it was Abbeygate
Old 07-05-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurzz View Post

I didn't think PI had ever actually owned the rink. Even back in the 90s when they re-opened in 1998 it was still owned by First Leisure and leased to PI wasn't it?
Old 07-06-2017
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
I didn't think PI had ever actually owned the rink. Even back in the 90s when they re-opened in 1998 it was still owned by First Leisure and leased to PI wasn't it?
Its always been leased as far as I am aware. I do remember hearing something that PI had to agree a new lease after the refit but I cant remember where I heard that.