MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 06-25-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Not many comments being posted about new signings

Is this because like me, most of us have not heard or seen any of the new players where in previous years most players moved around inside the EPL with the odd new import.
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 06-25-2017
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Default Re: Not many comments being posted about new signings

There are quite a few on other sites, all seem to think we are assembling a strong team.
Old 06-25-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

I think no-ones heard of these guys, in the nicest possible way.

The fans of other Elite teams seem to rate the signings on THF though.

Will be different I'm sure once we've all seen the team play.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2017
Advanced Member

As above, watching the signings with interest, but have too little knowledge of the players to pass comment one way or another. Like Mark says, plenty of positive comments on THF from "those in the know" so definitely looking forward to the start of the season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2017
Administrator

Interesting that some people from outside MK.........and a few around MK of course, thought that we'd be the whipping boys this coming season.

I think we'll surprise quite a few around the league and I don't think we'll end up being the whipping boys.

Pete, along with the new owners are putting together a decent squad by the looks of things and he's keeping with his style of fast skating team players.

We won't win every game we play but I think we'll be competitive certainly in our conference and may even give the others something to think about.

I'm never one to wish summer away but I'm pretty positive about the new season when it does come around. Graham and Monica are top people and have a very good team of people around them along with the usual core of helpers etc that have been around before
Old 06-26-2017

Unless Blaze pull something amazing out of the bag, I can see MK finishing above them in both the conference and the league. And I say that as a conflicted Blaze/MK fan of some 10 years standing...
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW
Old 06-27-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_blaze View Post
Unless Blaze pull something amazing out of the bag, I can see MK finishing above them in both the conference and the league. And I say that as a conflicted Blaze/MK fan of some 10 years standing...
Thats interesting to hear Maz, would be a major achievement in our first EIHL season to finish above our nearest and dearest.
I thought you were fully cleansed and was pure MKL through and through
Old 06-27-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embroiderer View Post
Thats interesting to hear Maz, would be a major achievement in our first EIHL season to finish above our nearest and dearest.
I thought you were fully cleansed and was pure MKL through and through
nearly. If Blaze continue the way they have been then the decision as to which ST to renew will be easy, even though I'm now assistant editor of the Blaze fan-zine....

(ps looking forward to cheering for Griff as he wears my jersey at the Skydome )
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW
Old 06-27-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble33 View Post
Interesting that some people from outside MK.........and a few around MK of course, thought that we'd be the whipping boys this coming season.

I think we'll surprise quite a few around the league and I don't think we'll end up being the whipping boys.

Pete, along with the new owners are putting together a decent squad by the looks of things and he's keeping with his style of fast skating team players.

We won't win every game we play but I think we'll be competitive certainly in our conference and may even give the others something to think about.

I'm never one to wish summer away but I'm pretty positive about the new season when it does come around. Graham and Monica are top people and have a very good team of people around them along with the usual core of helpers etc that have been around before
I certainly don't think we'll embarrass ourselves in our first season with this team that Pete and the owners have put together so far. I'm confident that we'll be competitive, and whilst we won't win every game, as long as the team go down fighting that's all you can ask for.

I think people will be surprised by the step-up in quality of play next season too. My biggest worry about the move to the Elite League was that it would be reminiscent of the Kings days in the old BNL which was frankly painful to watch! Thankfully I don't think we'll be in that position again. If we can get a play-off spot then I'll be more than happy with that in the first season.
Old 06-27-2017

A good aim and i had similar fears but rosta is looking good and i am looking forward to seeing the new team on ice. And we still have plenty of signings to come yet.
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,