MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > Other Teams forums

Other Teams forums Any other ice hockey teams info should be placed in here, no matter what league or country they are in.

Old 01-19-2017
Advanced Member

Default A statement from EPIHL club owners

Please see the MKL website for s statement from EPIHL club owners - click here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017
Advanced Member

Default Re: A statement from EPIHL club owners

Stupid decision IMO.
Totally with Tigers on this one. You play a game according to agreed rules, you don't change them to suit part way through the competition. There were other financial issues previously that were not addressed and have led us to where we are now as a league. That is the league's fault.

If this was instituted during the summer for 2017-18 by representatives from teams that will play in the competition then fair enough.

Also as far as the playoffs go. I want MKL to be the best team on the days to win. I don't want to win under a cloud. If financial fair play is a real issue then I'm sure every other team that looks at us and our budget would have a word or two to say also. I want to beat the Tigers on finals day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017

Whoever wins the playoffs this year it will be a hollow victory if Telford do not participate
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017
Blah Blah Blah

Playoffs are a separate competition to the league.

I think its harsh but I think the league is making an example of what will no longer be accepted. Telford have proved that you can sign a fantastic team that you cant afford for the whole season. Get so far ahead and then bust themselves and along comes another financer. Only a few tigers players left over this. Why would you walk away from a team when you are sitting at the top of the league?

Although its harsh they deserve it.
Old 01-19-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

punish them in the league, don't put them out of play offs.

also, why not go along to the meeting and find out what the plan might be? EPL won't be viable in the next couple of years with MK, Flames, Phoenix all gone, Bison maybe not having a rink....so those other teams are going to need to play somewhere!
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife
Old 01-19-2017

You can't change the rules halfway through a competition. Telford would be in the play-offs because they have finished in the top eight in the league. What the league should have done is fined them for going into liquidation and docked them a certain number of league points. They certainly should not have been able to sign players to replace those that have left due to the financial mismanagement - especially imports. However the league probably hasn't got a rule which covers clubs that don't have a financially sustainable business model. The lesson is that the league should be run by a board made up of paid officials with real teeth to deal with situations such as this. Most clubs are run on a professional basis - it is time for the league to do the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2017

However much I disagree with the events which have allowed Telford to top the league whilst also going into liquidation, I don't think it's right to dock points or stop them from taking part in the playoffs.

A playoff final weekend without Telford will feel hollow.

At the same time, if Telford go on to win the league, playoff or cup that would also feel hollow.
Old 01-19-2017

I can't understand why people have a problem with this, Telford have cheated, pure and simple.

Otherwise, what is to stop a team next season, bringing in 5 NHL standard imports, plus 6 or 7 EIHL standard Brits, spending all of their money on these players but not paying for Rink Hire, not paying for kit, not paying for coach travel and then at the end of the season going bust leaving all of these companies out of pocket.

It's quite simple, if you can't pay for it, you can't have it. Money out should not be more than money in, in any walk of life.
Old 01-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I can't understand why people have a problem with this, Telford have cheated, pure and simple.

Otherwise, what is to stop a team next season, bringing in 5 NHL standard imports, plus 6 or 7 EIHL standard Brits, spending all of their money on these players but not paying for Rink Hire, not paying for kit, not paying for coach travel and then at the end of the season going bust leaving all of these companies out of pocket.

It's quite simple, if you can't pay for it, you can't have it. Money out should not be more than money in, in any walk of life.
True - I've no problem with a team buying the league - after all we all would. Buying the league with money you haven't got is altogether different. To me, Telford winning the league is a hollow achievement.
Old 01-19-2017

They haven't broken any rules though - the league didn't have any rules for this type of thing happening - so I'm not sure how it can be considered 'cheating'? It's not very sporting, and quite gutting I would imagine for their imports who got let go, only to be replaced with cheaper versions...
Coventry,MK,Hull,B'stoke,BBT,Nottingham(x2),UConn, Deeside,Telford,Rodovre,Koeln,Solihull,Newcastle,I CE Sheffield,Geneva,Peterborough,Belfast, Sheffield Arena,Slough,Murrayfield,Morristown,Bristol,Altrin cham,Blackburn,Whitley Bay,Guildford,Solway,Braehead,Billingham,Swindon,O dense,Rungsted,MK ICE,Chelmsford,Tychy,Dundee,Bracknell, IAW,Fife