MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 07-15-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: Bring back MK Lightning Bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbros650 View Post
Maybe the club can 'make it up' to those fans by introducing a 'heritage' black and gold 'third' jersey. Pretty sure most of the Elite teams have 3 don't they? Whites/Colours and a dark jersey (I know I've seen Braehead in white/purple, purple/white and black/purple.
Posted via Mobile Device
Personally, I don't see why the club needs to make anything up to anyone. Things change and move on, and the fact that quite a lot of the MKL fan base seem to be of the half glass empty persuasion is not the club's fault.

I do like the idea of a third jersey though, especially if there are any kit clashes like when we played Peterborough last season. I know the Supporter's Club have been wary of offering too many shirts for sponsorship in previous seasons though, but they're always snapped up and it's always a good revenue generator.

Personally, I can't wait for the season to start so people can stop the whining and concentrate on the hockey
Old 07-15-2017

Personally, I can't wait for the season to start so people can stop the whining and concentrate on the hockey [/QUOTE]

Old 07-16-2017
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Not a winge
But have just noticed the new in ice logo is the opposite way round to normal.
It now faces the bench side of the rink rather than the larger stand on pen box side!
Does look more like a bolt than letters that way round!
Also a lot more under Ice advertising this season getting very NHL lets hope the announcements do not go like Guilford!
And the most important question so far not mentioned will Ray be back from stateside for the new season !!!!!
Rinks visited MK Arena, MK Thunderdome, MK Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altringham , Peterbourgh Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha (CZ), Swindon, Telford,
Old 07-16-2017
Advanced Member

No doubt the logo is orientated that way so that it faces the camera position above the bench for when games are filmed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-16-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

Look, I don't much like it, but it's out of our hands! What does it really matter? WE will support the team. WE will cheer them on. WE will sing their praises no matter what the logo is.

C'mon guys, let's cheer the team on!!!
Old 07-18-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_blaze View Post
Where's the 'like' button Pimmy?

but you seem to have forgotten the year that we relegated the 'logo' to the shoulders and just went with MKL on the tummy.

I loved the college style lettering on the jerseys, would be quite happy if there was a college style jersey this season
Old 07-19-2017
MKIH Forums 500 post club

In my personal view, this is really getting quite tiresome.

The reality is that whatever your view or opinion of the new logo, this time next year it will have become part of the norm for the die hard fans & nobody shall be talking about it, so why waste so much energy moaning about it.

In all the years as a Lightning fan, we've gone through some pretty poor logo designs, but I fear a lot of rose tinted specs are being worn in the argument about 'our traditional logo'.

As highlighted by Pimmy, in truth there hasn't been one!

I for one, having seen some of the professionalism being applied in the background in preparation of the season ahead, am excited to see what's in store for us in the coming months.

Already, the new owners & their backroom team have brought a level of professionalism I've not seen here before. That in conjunction with Pete's attention to detail bodes well for us as a team moving forwards.

It is exactly what we need to move onwards & I for one wouldn't care if the new logo was a picture of The new owners if it gifts us with the exciting times I am certain we have in store.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-19-2017
Advanced Member

It certainly sets us apart from every other hockey logo...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2017
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

I work in design and branding for a living and I can see what they are trying to achieve.

The overall idea is good but they need to be strict with it all to work out well.

A basic guide is:
A logo with maybe 1/2 slight variations to suit all applications.
A set colour palette.
A set font suite.

If they stick to that within 10/15 months most people will instantly recognise that as MKL over the previous branding. Its a big change but in time people will associate MKL with the new look without registering.
Old 07-31-2017

Doesn't bother me at all.
I'm just interested in the team and the club

I couldn't care less if the logo was a hippo in a rocket. As long as it's not obscene, I'll be buying a shirt.

This is like the whole Spurs "Ooh, we can't have a red sponsor because it'll be like our rivals".
15 years later, 3 red sponsors on, no-one mentions it.