MK-Lightning MK-Thunder MK-Falcons MKIH Forums MK-Rumble MK-Jesters MK-Storm

Go Back   MKIH Forums > MK Forums > MK Lightning

MK Lightning Anything related to Milton Keynes Lightning should be posted in here.

Old 01-13-2018
MKIH Forums over 1000 post's club

Default Re: MK Lightning v Dundee Stars - Sat 13/01/18 F.O. 1900

That's all from me folks, a lot of effort from the team, but not clinical enough with their finishing.
Next weekend we're the wrong way round, as we travel to Manchester on Saturday to take on the Storm, before the Panthers come to town on Sunday
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018
Advanced Member

Just got in to read Hendoís updates!! Was encouraged after the first 2 pages but then carnage You canít expect to win a game taking 12 minor pens. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Given the roster and confidence at the moment I see nothing other than either 10th or 11th place!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018
MKIH Forums 500 post club

I really don't think that any referee other than Darnell would have called most of the pens. From where I was they didn't look at all obvious.
Old 01-13-2018
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Just got in to read Hendoís updates!! Was encouraged after the first 2 pages but then carnage You canít expect to win a game taking 12 minor pens. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Given the roster and confidence at the moment I see nothing other than either 10th or 11th place!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Really frustrating. Reading through looked like we had the upper hand till we started taking silly pens...

And if we canít win away, itís our home games against (no disrespect) teams like Dundee that we have to pick up the wins against.

Cheers for the updates anyway Hendo. Glad I was at work for this one though!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I am afraid it's looking like 11th and that's only because Caps are struggling more than us..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2018
Advanced Member

First goal seems to have been given to King now. Out shot 48 to 25 apparently. Think we are our own worst enemies, giving up the two penalties straight after they took the lead killed us. Starting to think VP is becoming a liability. On a positive note 1835 is a decent turnout given the run we have been on, keep those numbers up for the remaining games and there should be plenty of cash to strengthen the squad for next season
Old 01-14-2018

I think 1,835 against Dundee, just after Christmas/New Year is an excellent crowd, considering our current poor form !

Sadly, I was told tonight that we are finding it hard to break even on current crowds. If this is true, someone has got in a mess with their projected attendance figures !

I fully appreciate we have injuries & illness, like other teams do. I fully agree that we have played a lot of games in a short space of time, just like other teams. I fully appreciate that Darnell had yet another nightmare, and called a number of unwarranted penalties, but we are still carrying players who give their very best, but are simply not good enough to play at this level, we still take stupid penalties, and our pp is poor.

Gibson has not been adequately replaced, Karlsson should not have been released, he is a far better player, than 4-5 who have been retained. Tait would have been a great player during this difficult period, his experience would have really helped.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, a playoff spot now looks a long way off, so can we expect player changes, or will the season be allowed to just drift away, because if it does, so will the crowd, because many people expect more for their £18 !
Old 01-14-2018

Did Darnell have a nightmare though? I agree he is a poor ref, but to be fair I don’t think he got much wrong last night? The only call I didn’t agree with with was the charging call on Forbes early in the game. And I don’t think that was Darnell that called that either was it? I couldn;t see the tripping one on Miika as I was down the other end.

Rather than having a go at the ref, look at how dumb our players are. You’re a goal down with seven or eight minutes to go, you get one numpty giving away one of the most blatant tripping penalties you’ll see all season right in front of the referee and then a few seconds later you get numpty number two giving away a crosscheck penalty which resulted in us going on a five on three penalty kill. Both penalties were absolutely ridiculous and totally unneeded. We’re chasing a game, and the usual suspects do dumb **** like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
Did Darnell have a nightmare though? I agree he is a poor ref, but to be fair I donít think he got much wrong last night? The only call I didnít agree with with was the charging call on Forbes early in the game. And I donít think that was Darnell that called that either was it? I couldn;t see the tripping one on Miika as I was down the other end.

Rather than having a go at the ref, look at how dumb our players are. Youíre a goal down with seven or eight minutes to go, you get one numpty giving away one of the most blatant tripping penalties youíll see all season right in front of the referee and then a few seconds later you get numpty number two giving away a crosscheck penalty which resulted in us going on a five on three penalty kill. Both penalties were absolutely ridiculous and totally unneeded. Weíre chasing a game, and the usual suspects do dumb **** like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couldnít agree more stupid penalties to take
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveR View Post
Couldnít agree more stupid penalties to take
Posted via Mobile Device
Thirded and what was more about 10 seconds before I said it would happen.
Hate to say though I like his skills Vps indiscipline at crucial moments is a major issue to the stage now that he is a liability, hope not one that is kept over off season.
Rinks visited MK Arena,Thunderdome,Ice, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Brno Kometa (CZ) Chelmsford, Coventry, Deeside, Guilford, Hull Arena, Ryde I.O.W , Nuremberg Arena (De), Nottingham, Manchester Altrincham , Peterborough, Romford, Sheffield , Slavia Praha O2 (CZ), Slough, Sparta Praha Tip Sport (CZ),Sparta Praha O2 (CZ), Swindon, Telford,