View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017
MKIH Forums 1000 post club

Default Re: Guildford Flames v MK Lightning - Wed 27/12/17 F.O. 1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Reagan View Post
To be fair, this season was always going to be one where we needed to find our feet. In some ways, MK have exceeded my expectations. But it's the inconsistency that frustrates me. We go from beating Panthers one game to the dross like the Flames games just gone.

I've got no issue with a team losing. It's about how they lose...and for me, there are too many players who are more concerned with the name on the back of the shirt rather than the logo on the front.
Who would that be Reg? I've got to say the (apparent) attitude of some players hasn't impressed me when the going has got tough this season. Hearing about Nickerson trying to start something with Guildford players on Wednesday when we were 3-0 down was just embarrassing and I can appreciate the value of an edgy little mouthy agitator on the side when we're winning, but Kearney just needs to get his head-down and play when things aren't going our way and make a difference that way.

To be honest I wonder if we've missed a trick releasing Tait? Not a game-changer any more but a veteran, has done it all in this league and a bit of leadership on the ice/in the locker-room.